My first week in Folsom was pretty crazy. We didn’t know
anyone to start off the week because Elder Kahne and I are brand new to the
area. We also have a brand new ward mission leader that didn’t really know what
was going on before, but he is excited to work with us. So we are completely
starting fresh. It is kinda cool building the area how we want to.
Folsom is so different than Wilton. Wilton was the country,
lots of cows, farms, and humble people. Folsom is rich. Filthy, filthy rich. It
is crazy. I feel like I am walking around in the cove in Alpine all day, every
day. People are well off and don't see why they need anything different in
their life, so missionary work here is going to be very difficult. When we go
tracting, it feels like we are JW's trying to tract in Alpine.. and sadly we
are doing a lot of tracting as we try to find people to teach. It is fun going
out and talking with people and meeting people. It will take a lot of hard work,
but I know God has prepared someone in this area for us to teach, we just have
to go find them!
The members here are awesome. They are well off, willing to
help, and very strong in the church. The Hamilton's are the members we
live with and they basically treat us like their kids. The house we live
in would fit in well in Alpine (super nice) and they basically let us act like
it is our house. They let us eat their food, use their washers, and do whatever
we want while we are there. We just live in one of their bedrooms. They
are so nice to us and have made this crazy change a whole lot easier. All of
the ward members have been great to us. And since the past Elders were
kinda.... no good.. the ward is really loving us. We had a great missionary centered
church service, and the members have told us they are feeling comfortable with
referring their friends to us. So that is always good. Elder Kahne and I even
joined the ward choir because they had no men, and we figured the ward would
love us because of it, and we were right. (That's right mom.. I joined the ward
choir. I finally did it after all those times you tried to get me to go). So we
are excited to be here and get to work.
Elder Kahne is awesome and super French. haha I have
already had a lot of fun with him though. He sometimes struggles with English
but overall he is doing well. There are times he can’t think of a word in
English so I have him say it in French, and the word he is trying to say
usually comes to me and I am able to give him the word in English. Gift of
Tongues, baby, and Companionship unity. It's pretty cool.
I am doing well, Folsom will be good, and none of it would
be possible without the comfort I receive from our Savior. He is the best. :)
Love you all!
Elder Gage Black
Ps... My legs have never hurt more than they have this week!
Being in a car for 6 months and then going to the hilliest biking area on the
mission.... good gracious. haha
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment