Gage's countdown

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Elder Black's Thanksgiving Email

It is so crazy that it is already Thanksgiving! Time flies when you are a missionary. This week has been great. We did a lot of service out in the community. We came across a big dairy farm when we were wayyy out in the Boonies one day. We decided that we needed to give these cows a little bit of excitement in their lives. We pulled up next to the fence, rolled down the windows, and blasted some uplifting spiritual music. All the cows came running up against the fence to get as close to us as they could. I guess cows love feeling the spirit through music too. haha We also helped people paint, move, rake leaves, build walls, and many other great things.
We worked a lot with a little girl named Desi this week. She is only 10 years old and she is the cutest little girl. Her mom is a less active, and I’m pretty sure that her mom and everyone that lives in that house is hooked on drugs. It’s a terrible situation for her to be in. Every time we go over there we see someone new that is headed out to the barn to get high. Desi is a great little girl and loves spending time with us because she doesn't have many people to hang out with. Those of you who are feeling spiritually in tune, it would be much appreciated if you would Pray for Desi and her mom, that we will be able to communicate effectively with them and make things progress there to make things for Desi easier. 
The Spirit has been really helping me testify and is guiding me as a missionary, That is such a great feeling. We had a Zone Conference last Wednesday. Three different Zones of missionaries gathered together and Elder David S. Baxter of the 70 came and spoke to us. He gave us some amazing advice for missionary work and is such a powerful testifier. As he bore his testimony he said, "Not only do I witness of Jesus Christ, I AM a witness of Jesus Christ." Those words were so powerful, and you just knew that he truly knows and loves Christ as his Savior and Redeemer. Being a missionary, I love being able to say that I represent Him, and that I also witness that Jesus is the Christ. I am so grateful for the Atonement and for the sacrifice Christ made for us. Because of what He went through, He knows exactly how we feel as we have physical and emotional pain. He has felt it and knows what it takes to get through it. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that I can turn to Him in every time of need, and He will be there helping me through every step of my pain. I am so grateful for my amazing family that loves and supports me, making it possible to be out here serving the Lord. They have shaped me to the person I am today. I am grateful for the great friends that I have that helped me get out in the mission field, and that I was able to have so many great experiences with. I hope we can all remember the things we are grateful for on this thanksgiving, because we have so much compared to some people in the world.
Happy Thanksgiving, Love you all!



Elder Black
Elder Black with 2 kids that he just baptized... Gage and Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment