Gage's countdown

Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2nd email

It's crazy to think that it is already December and I have been out for 4 months. The weather here is still amazing. Upper 70's every day with nothing but sun. It is fantastic! We had a great Thanksgiving Dinner with some members in the ward. We had a big ol’ feast and then played some basketball in the driveway after. 
On Saturday we were able to bring Desi (the10yr old investigator) to the baptism of one of the girls that turned 8. It was a great experience for her, and she became friends with a lot of the kids there. We are hoping this will make her want to come to church and hang out in primary. It is hard to get anything done with them though because Desi's mom seems to be on drugs all the time. Therefore she has 0 motivation to do anything and is always bailing on anything we set up. It is pretty frustrating. But God will provide a way for us to get through to her! 
Saturday night we went over to a members house and helped them Slaughter two of their turkeys. When I opened my call to Sacramento California, I never would have guessed I’d be roping cattle and slaughtering turkeys. But Wilton is just a world of its own! The member who we helped with his turkeys, is a less active, so after the turkeys were taken care of, we went inside and ate waffles for dinner and had a great discussion about the priesthood, even though we had turkey blood all over us. haha
Fast Sunday was great. I love being able to fast for people and bless the lives of others. I was also able to Bless the Sacrament which was great because it has been quite a while since I have done that! 
Crazy thought of the day: A member here was talking about how they served at Adam ondi ahman and they were in charge of planting trees. They were going to plant saplings but President Hinkley said "those won’t work, there isn’t enough time for them to mature!" The End is near, Christ is coming soon. Make sure you're ready. Don’t procrastinate your day of repentance. God Love and Lives.
Love you all!
Love you more than I love this perfect weather! (still sunny and upper 70's every day)

Elder Black


I received this email from a member. “ I'm sure Elder Black’s time is almost over here in Wilton so I wanted to send just a quick FYI. Today he and elder Johnson  helped my husband slaughter 2 turkey's. Elder Black video taped and the three of them were being silly and they were making the turkey dance and they where laughing like little boys. It was beautiful. Then we did a country dinner (breakfast eggs bacon waffles potatoes)to  help get them through fast Sunday. Then a Q&A with my husband to get him reactive.  I love your missionary very much and will miss him when he transfers.”

Love
 Sister LB

Elder Black helping a member slaughter turkeys

Elder Black at Thanksgiving Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment