Gage's countdown

Monday, January 13, 2014

Dec 9th email

This week the temperatures finally dropped. On Monday it was in the high 70's, and Tuesday it dropped to about 50. There is actually frost in the mornings, and it gets down to around 30 at night. Everyone here is losing their mind calling it "some freak arctic spell." They think I’m crazy as I am out proselyting in a short sleeve white shirt. I can’t even count the number of times I have been asked where my coat is.. then I get to explain to them that I am from Utah and it isn’t very cold yet :)
This week was a pretty slow week. Nothing too exciting has happened. We did some tracting which is always rough. We talked with a Jehovah's Witness couple for a while on their doorstep. They sure love bashing with the bible. It was good though. They felt the spirit. I know it. We spent some time out in a town called Herold. Population: 1000ish. People out there don’t like missionaries. Or humans in general. That was great. 
We met with a lady named Margret. I don’t know if I have mentioned her before. When we first met her she had two tumors on her neck. We gave her a blessing and when we came back this week the tumors were gone. Through her faith, our priesthood power, and modern medicine and Chemo and all that good stuff, she was healed. She has served 2 missions and is a great member, and she has been really sad that she hasn’t been able to go to church in a while. It was great being able to help her and bless her. 
On Sunday we went in to the Priest quorum and talked about serving a mission with them. It is great seeing their excitement and I hope they all go on missions. The stake had a performance of Handels Messiah last night. That was pretty interesting. A bunch of opera music from not so professional singers. But the Hallelujah Chorus was amazing. 
We are still working for a "White Christmas." The mission has set a goal to have every companionship baptize in the month of the December so we can have a white Christmas and give a present to Jesus Christ, a present of 101 truly converted people. We need to be blessed with a miracle in order to find someone to baptize this month. If anyone can’t think of anything to pray for, we would appreciate the extra prayers to find someone that we can help come unto Christ during the month of December. 
The Christmas season is exciting. Missionary work is amazing. The spirit is even more amazing. 
Love you guys
Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment