Elder Murdock and I had
another week full of lots of Goodness.
We got out on campus. We had a
couple great lessons and found some more people. We also put on a solid
missionary night for the ward where we had our investigator Minh out in the
streets handing out pass along cards and copies of the Book of Mormon before he
is even a member. Minh and his buddy John are getting really close to getting
baptized. Working with them has been really cool because they have never really
had God in their life. Listening to them describe their experiences with
feeling the Holy Ghost is sweet because they have never felt anything like it
before.
We got a call from a guy in
the ward that had moved to Utah, telling us about a friend he grew up with that
he has been working on. Her name is Sydney, and she went out to Utah to go to a
live session of conference last weekend. We started teaching the
Restoration and got to the First Vision. After telling the story and Joseph
Smith's Experience we asked her how she feels about that and she answers
"I just feel it is right" we went to explain that that is the holy
Ghost and she says "I've heard about the gift of the Holy Ghost, I can't
wait to be baptized so I can have it with me all the time" GOLDEN! it was
amazing. Friday we met with her again and taught the plan of salvation.
While talking about her answer to the Book of Mormon and everything she
continued to say how she knows its true. She is getting baptized on April
25th. Miracles are real.
Thursday we got to meet with
Brother Michael Hemingway who is the director of proselyting for the church,
and Brother Mills who is the director of all international MTCs. They had all
the leaders in the mission come together so they could instruct us for 7
straight hours. They were amazing and I couldn't even make a dent in all the
things we learned. But I learned many things that have already helped me become
a better teacher.
We had another cool miracle
while we were doing some paper work at the church. Some kids walked in wanting
to play basketball. Sure enough we end up talking about what makes our church
different and he accepted a Book of Mormon. We told him to come to activities
and that we would answer any questions he has. He ended up texting us yesterday
and wants to meet up with us. The fact that we just happened to be there right
as they walked in was a miracle. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Sunday was a fantastic day at
church. We had 7 Investigators. It was ward conference so we heard from the
bishop and the Stake President during sacrament meeting. The stake president is
getting released next week, so he bore a very powerful final testimony during
his talk. I love the feeling that the spirit brings when you have such amazing
leaders testifying so powerfully.
I am so glad to be a
missionary and to be so blessed to share this great news with everyone. The
Lord is really working right by our side, i know he will bless those who obey
his Commandments. it is the Law. He is bound when we obey. Bind the Lord.
Thanks for all your prayers.
Love you.
Elder Black
Here is a picture of Elder Murdock
and I with one of the funniest members of the ward.


No comments:
Post a Comment