Well I made it through the MTC. The MTC was awesome. My testimony and faith in Christ is so strong that I can’t even explain it. I loved being here and I am so excited to get to work in Sacramento. I know it is gonna be hard, but I will live. We are incredibly blessed in Alpine and we have things pretty dang easy compared to some people. Giving 2 years to serve others is the least I can do to show my gratitude to God for everything he has given us. Remembering this has made it so much easier to be positive and look forward to what is ahead.
Don’t worry about the MTC mail thing. (Gage didn’t get his letters or packages for the first 5 days in the MTC even though we sent something everyday) I got all the packages and they came at the most perfect time of the hardest day. It was probably God that knew I would need them most when they came, so He made it work like they did. So there is no need to worry :) I got a bunch of letters from Katie and her friends. It was awesome reading those. Make sure they know how grateful I was for those. And tell her I wrote them back and sent it to Addie Lamb because that was the only address I had! Well I am headed into my Sacrament meeting in the classroom upstairs so I guess that is all for now.
I love you guys more than fat kids love cake!
Elder Black
Aug 12 email:
I have just a few seconds while I am getting ready to leave.
I just got all of your dear elders. I loved reading all of them. I cant wait to
talk to you guys in the morning and talk about everything that is going on!
I leave the MTC at 3;45, jump on front runner to the
airport, and our flight leaves at 8:40. So I have no idea when I am calling,
but it will be kinda early probably. haha I am the travel leader so I am in
charge of all 25 of us flying to sac town tomorrow, so i kinda have some
responsibilities. It will be great. But I will talk to you tomorrow!
Tell everyone I love them!
XOXO
Aug 13 email
Hey! It was great talking to everyone today! I am currently
sitting in the mission office, so we did make it here alive. :) President and
Sister Lewis really seem awesome. I am excited to get to know them better. We
are having a bunch of training today and tomorrow morning in the mission
office. We are getting our companion and assignment tomorrow around noon, so
that will be fun.
It is crazy that I am actually here. I have no idea what to
think. I guess it is time for an adventure!
Hope everything is good.
Loves and hugs and kisses
Elder Black :)

The following picture was taken in the Sacramento airport by his mission President Lewis. (Gage's hair doesn't look to bad and he was worried the MTC would butcher it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment