Hey everyone! I survived my first week. I have only an hour
online so I wont have time to respond to everyone individually, but I loved
getting the emails from everyone and getting an update on everyone's life!
Tell Toria Zoie and Mia that I really liked all their
emails, and hopefully I answer most of their questions in this email.
So I am in Wilton, which is part of the elk grove stake, but
it is a small city outside of elk grove. population of 8000ish? Im pretty sure
there are 3 or 4 times more cows here than humans. It honestly feels like im in
Montana or some open farm place. Everyone here lives on ranches and all
the houses are super spread out. Because of this, we are in a car... :) but we
do bike once a day which is nice. My bike works well. But it is some long rides
because everything is so spread out. It has been 100+ every day I have been
here, so biking in that isn't the greatest thing I have ever done. There is one
place called rancho merieta that is a gated golfing community. It is basically
the alpine cove of this area. Everyone is pretty well off, and you have all the
jocks that married cheerleaders and its great. Haha but most of the houses are
little tiny houses or trailer houses. Yesterday we were at someone's house that
was just a camping trailer. It had a front lawn though, so I guess it was cool?
We went and met with a less active guy who was out on his ranch,
so we talked with him and taught him as we were driving out on
his rhino to herd some cattle, we did some cow separating
while talking with him, and just helped him out on the ranch. It is
seriously just like living in the country.
My apartment is the nicest of the entire mission. It
is just my comp and I living there. We have our own bathrooms, laundry room,
kitchen, and full living room. It is sweet. My companion is Elder Larson from
Sandy. He has been a great trainer. Mom, all your prayers were
answered because he is a great trainer. The first few days I have just been
watching him and seeing all the things he does, and just try to imitate
him as much as I can. He is helping me get a hang of everything and so I
am doing good! :)
We get fed food so much. We have had a member feed us every
night, and we usually go into houses and get fed even more. One of the sisters
in the ward has the calling of "missionary feeding schedule." Her
whole calling is making sure we are fed every night. Im gonna be fat pretty
soon.
We are only assigned to one ward, which is nice. We
get to focus on only the one ward, so I am working on getting to know everyone
the best I can. We usually go to members houses to get to know them and
challenge them to find people to teach, we go to recent converts and less
actives and try to make sure/get them to church, and we have a bunch of
investigators we are teaching. That all keeps us busy enough that we don't
tract out here in Wilton. We have 4 people right now with baptismal dates. I
hope we are able to work things out and get it done! The work out here is
exciting though! It is crazy. We never really have any down time. We are always
working hard and out doing something. There is lots of service to do out here
because everyone has so much to do on their property.
I really appreciate all the love and support I have been
getting from anyone! I love you all! It sucks we have limited time on the
emails out here because I would love to spend all day talking to everyone!
I miss everyone lots! I tend to get homesick sometimes, but
then I remember all the prayers and support I am getting and it makes it so
much easier.
Love you all lots!
Elder Black
Gage's group that came to Sacramento last Wednesday...32 of them for those counting!
![]() |
| Gage and his 1st Companion at a member's house |
aG


No comments:
Post a Comment