This week was a crazy week but Brandy got baptized! All of
the hard work at patients paid off. I had the chance to give a talk on baptism
during the program and i directed it to her, talking about the covenants we
make and blessing we get as we keep them. She was in tears during parts of it..
i am hoping it is because she felt the spirit and not because it was too
tragically terrible. haha But it really was an awesome baptism. On Sunday i was
able to stand in the circle as she was confirmed which was also really cool. I
could feel the spirit flowing through me and into her as she received the gift
of the holy ghost. Being able to see a baptism and all the happiness it brought
makes me want to work even harder out here. We have 3 more baptisms lined up
for October so we will have to work really hard to make those happen. 2 of them
are the Fox kids who miraculously got the okay from the court system which
wasn't supposed to happen until December . One thing I did notice though is that
Satan does all he can to disrupt the baptism. It was hard to get things set up,
hard to get people on board, and there were certain complications that came up
that almost postponed the baptism which would have been bad. But it all worked
out. That Saturday was a crazy day for the Wilton ward. Brandy got baptized,
another 8 year old got baptized, there was a wedding, baby shower, and 2
sealings, all before the relief society broadcast thing which they had at 5:30
because they had dinner before it started. So it was a crazy day, but it made
me realize how amazing the Wilton ward is, getting all these ordinances done
throughout the ward. I am really excited to stay here for another transfer with Elder Larsen again.
Even though we are having baptisms, we are still trying to
find new people every day. This week we played volleyball against a kid named
Thomas and said if we beat him we got to teach him. Him and his friend
destroyed us the first game, the second game was super close and we pulled out
the win, and in the third game we dominated so now we have new investigator
That was exciting. We were able to take another guy to the Family history
center and do genealogy which he really liked, and now we are gonna start teaching
him more. :)
But anyway, I am staying alive here in California. I hope everyone is doing well.
I love you lots! have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment