Gage's countdown

Monday, September 23, 2013

September 9th letter "Happy Day, All is well :)"

This week was a great week! First off.. As of today HAIR PARTS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED!! We are all pretty excited about that. I have no idea what changed, but in the president's letter this week he got rid of that requirement. I couldn’t be more excited! 
So I started off the week with leading the area, meaning I am in charge of the day, who we visit, what we teach, etc. This is because my comp had to go on exchanges with another missionary in our district. It was actually a really cool experience. It took me an hour and a half to plan, when it usually takes 30 minutes tops. Haha I had no idea what to do, but I just got some names down and hoped it worked out. Right before I ended the planning session I had two names pop into my head which I had never met. one was an 85 year old Less Active  named Millie that we wanted to find, and the other was just a member family. I went out and found  Millie, and we got to know her and addressed some of her concerns. When we left I felt like we needed to get her home teachers involved, so we figured out who that was. The second family I wrote down just happened to be Millie's home teacher and visiting teacher. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! There is never coincidences in this work. :) That was a cool experience to have during my first day of leading the area. I have started teaching a lot more this week which I love. I went on an exchange with one of the AP's which was cool. I was able to ask him for advice and see how he did things.

I am in charge of the phone now which I don’t really like. I haven’t been having any problems with being away from my Iphone until now. All the sudden I miss it so much because I have to carry around this no good sprint rumor. I have tried using Siri so many times this week to text for me... Sadly she is gone. haha I want my Iphone back.. 

At zone meeting they presented a new idea for investigators and less actives, and even members. It is leaving a priesthood blessing of the savior's peace and blessing upon the family. It is a way to bring the Spirit into the house and make them feel it really strong. I have done it twice at the end of visits. Both times we have felt the spirit so strong. It is short and simple, but it has brought them to tears. So we are going back this week to follow up and see how they are feeling now. One of the blessings was with Brandi, so hopefully she is still feeling the spirit and doesn’t have the desire to drink anymore. She leaves on her cruise on Friday, so that will be the moment of truth. 

We have been finding so many people to teach through ward members. They are amazing members that are so dedicated to missionary work. Right now we have over 10 investigators. We are going to start teaching a lot of them this week, so hopefully I will have some great stories from them! In ward council meeting yesterday, the bishop mentioned how proud he was of us missionaries and the work we were doing. It is a pretty good feeling having the bishop tell you how proud he is of you. I have been feeling the spirit so strong this week, and love being able to bring that spirit into other people's houses. 

The mission field is a lot of fun too. We have been putting for dishes and shooting darts for dishes and just random stuff like that. :) The other day we were driving down the road and passed a snake. So we turned around to go look at it because it looked like a rattle snake. We pulled up and couldn’t tell if it was a rattler or not because it was getting dark. So naturally we starting throwing rocks at it. Haha we finally hit it, and it was most surely a rattle snake. we started screaming like little girls and ran to the car. It was great. I have been playing the piano a lot. It usually turns to me jamming out to a hymn while my companion sings it at the top of his lungs. Good thing we live in the middle of nowhere so no one can hear us. Haha

Sister Greene said she loved talking to you guys and getting to know you all. She loved our family! The guy we helped with cement said we could come teach him, so we are going over this week. His wife and kids came to church yesterday which is awesome. Lisa and Daren Moore is their name. they are great :) I have been cleaning the floors here a lot too because our apartment floors are nasty. Sis Mcclellen had one of the carpet soap mega cleaner things that I have used before at home so it is fun.  Sis Mcclellan is the greatest. She is so great to us! We went and visited Dr Raul Rodriguez. You should look him up. He fixed my body up and my companion's body up. I wish i had more time to expand on our visit with him. He put one of my knees back in place, and put the femor in my other leg back into place which should help my other knee. He put my coxix back into place too. I had no idea anything was wrong with any of these things, but I feel lots better now. he also said my shoulder that I hurt last year has full movement and strength. which is good. This guy really knows a lot about the body. He is where chiropractors go to get fixed. and he worked on us for free because he is LDS and we are missionaries.  We get so blessed out here!

But anyway, everything is great out here in Wilton. I’m loving it out here. God is willing to help us with anything. We just have to ask him for help! Alright, I am headed back out to work. Have a great week! I love you lots and lots! like lots more than the goats love making terribly annoying noises all day :) 


Love you guys lots! 


- Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment