My first transfer here in Georgetown has now ended. It went
by so fast. Elder Smith and I had a really good time together and it will hard
to say bye to him. He is headed to be an office elder which he isn't too
thrilled about. I am excited to meet my new companion though. Once again
this week went by really fast and was full of lots of fun, random things.
As for more spiritual things, we had two really cool
experiences. If you have never seen the Mormon Message "Mountains to
Climb" you must watch it right now. I shared it with like 3 people this
week. I have shared it throughout my whole mission and it is always so
powerful. One of those times specifically this week was when we were visiting a
member of the ward who is 23 and recently got in a car accident leaving him
paralyzed from the neck down. He has been trying to have high spirits, but this
week was extra hard for him We were able to watch that Mormon message and feel
the spirit so strong. Watch it. Do it. Now.
Another cool experience we had this week was being able to
go to the Temple with the Johnston family who got baptized a few weeks ago. We
did a temple tour where we meet in the building next to the temple and talk
about temples, then walk around the temple and they talk about what happens in
all the rooms, and then end by watching a few videos. It is always a great experience
to go with someone that has never been to the temple. After the tour we were
able to go inside the waiting room of the temple with the whole family. It was
amazing. The spirit was just as strong there in the waiting room than it is
anywhere else in the temple. We could all feel the spirit so strong. It was
really a great experience to stand there in the temple with a family who was
just baptized. Now we will work toward them standing in a sealing room being
sealed as a family for all of time and eternity. I will attach a picture of us
all outside the temple. I <3 the Sac Temple.
As for other things that happened this week.. Last Pday I
decided to give myself a haircut. On a scale of 1-6.. it is super short. And I
look funny. But hey, I cut my own hair. I will spend the $15 I saved at Taco
Bell or something (Shout out to all my buds out serving in places that have no
Taco Bell.. Bless you hearts).
While we were out proselyting we saw some girl do the ALS
Challenge? Is that a real thing? It is amazing what you have no idea about when
you are a missionary. Especially a missionary in Georgetown.
We helped some members stack over 100 bails of hay. that is
great considering I am deathly allergic to hay. The next day we went over and
helped a lady set off bug bombs in her house. That was also a new experience.
Those bugs got lit up!
We met a few crazy people while tracting. One was teaching
us how we all came from aliens, and our purpose here on earth is to dig up all
the gold so we can bring it back to them. Another guy was tripping out one
something really hard... that was unlike anything I have ever seen. And on
Saturday we were driving down the road and could hear a bunch of banjos playing
in the distance.
That all for this week! I am excited for the new transfer I
have to work up here in Georgetown! We have a lot of promising things
happening. I love being a Disciple of Jesus Christ. It is the greatest.
Love you all,
Elder Gage Black

No comments:
Post a Comment