We had another great week here in Georgetown. I have been
here two weeks and I love it. Elder Smith and I have been working so hard and
have seen the fruits of our labors. We have been able to do a ton of teaching,
and we are actually leading our zone right now. I have a goal to lead by
example as a District Leader, and so far it has been going quite well.
We had interviews with President Jardine yesterday which is
why our PDay is on Tuesday instead of Monday this week. I really enjoyed the
short time i had with the president to get to know him better and feel of his
love for us and this mission. I can feel that he is such an inspired man that
has the revelation to run this mission. I look forward to learning from him.
This week was the 24th of July so the stake here got
together and had a Pioneer Day celebration. There were tons of people that
came, lots of food, and a tent set up with senior missionaries dressed up like
pioneers showing what life was like back then. There were a few people walking
by that saw them and made comments about Mormons dressing like that still. It
was a good time though.
The Johnstons are a family we have been working with and now
have a baptismal date for August 9th. We are really excited for them. At the
beginning of the week it was just the son that was planning on being baptized,
but his mom had a really cool experience with the Book of Mormon, called us to
come over immediately, and told us she knows without a doubt that she needs to
be baptized. That was a really cool miracle we were able to see. They are such
a great family and the gospel is going to help them so much.
We went and visited a less active member of the ward this
week and as we pulled up his driveway he came out with a pistol behind his
back. That was kinda exciting. He ended up being a really cool, semi crazy guy.
He has two full bred wolves and two massive rottweilers that stay in his house.
He said if they were to get out the would kill everything in sight. Pretty neat
if you ask me. He also had some fun plants growing around his house that i
have never seen in real life before. Turns out if you smoke it you
feel really good, according to everyone here. who knew! Haha you
never know what you are going to get out here in Georgetown. :)
We had some fun offroading adventures as we were trying to
hunt down some of the less actives on the ward list. We ended up out in a place
called volcanoville which was pretty crazy. At the end of the road there where
a bunch of drug shacks that looked kinda sketchy so we turned around. We also
came across a few beautiful lakes. That is one thing i love about up here. It
is so beautiful everywhere! I also love all the wildlife up here. But because
there is so much wildlife, there is lots of roadkill. Quite a few deer laying
in the road, dead skunks and squirrels everywhere, and a few days ago we saw a
dead black bear in the road! that was pretty crazy. The deer love jumping into
the road in front of you and see how good they are at real life frogger! Good
times.
I am loving it here. Elder Smith and I get along so well. He
is a jolly ginger boy (s/o to my main man Tanner Thelin) that makes things fun.
We are always crackin jokes and pranking each other. The two of us together is
the BlackSmith, forging the bonds of Faith here in Georgetown.. Clever, right?
It is great though.
Well, that is all for this week. It is crazy that I hit my
year mark on Thursday. I will have to go do something crazy that day.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Lots of love,
Elder Gage Black





No comments:
Post a Comment