This week was great, regardless of the setbacks we had.
Every single appointment we had set this week bailed on us. I guess God just
needed to be ready for other experiences instead.
On Saturday we had an appointment but when we knocked on her
door she wasnt home. We were pretty bummed, but we decided to knock on a less
active's door that lives in that area. We havent been able to talk to this lady
the whole 2 months i have been there, but that finally changed. She opened the
door and said, "I was just going to call you this morning. I really need
your help." Hearing that as a missionary is the greatest thing ever.
Knowing you were led by the spirit to someone that needs you... That feels
good. We went in and she explained how her boyfriend who is only 47 recently
had a stroke and has no insurance. She is the only one he has to take care of
him and it has been taking a toll on her emotionally. We were able to go in and
give her boyfriend a blessing and pray with her. She said she knows this is God
telling her that they both need to go to church, so we set up rides and someone
to come get them so they can come. It is so cool seeing the gospel work in real
life. The boyfriend recently got out of prison because of a very rough life he
has had, and now he can have God in his life.
We planted a bunch of trees at the parks in the area. Im
basically really good at it now. Also we have been eating lots of Filipino
dinners with all the Filipino members wanting to feed my companion. So that is
a neat experience.
I read a talk this past week called "An Educated
Conscious" by Stephen Covey. I recommend it to everyone. It really helped
me better understand the way the spirit works. That is something I have been
trying to focus on as a missionary. I have felt so much closer to our Father in
Heaven as i have recommitted myself to have more meaningful prayers and
scripture study. I love that i have this time in my life to be completely away
from the distractions of the world so i can focus on what matters most in this
world. I have felt the spirit more in my life recently than i ever have before.
It is the Spirit of Missionary work and i love it.
Another thing that i have been thinking about lately...
There are many different instances where the scriptures talk about having
Faith, Hope, and Charity. In that order. The question is.. Why is it always in
that order? If you come up with something brilliant let me know.
Love you all lots. This work is real. Become a part of it
wherever you are.
-Elder Gage Black
No comments:
Post a Comment