Gage's countdown

Monday, January 12, 2015

Jan 5th email "Fast Sundays"

Well, it has only been a few days since i sent my last email, but we had a good weekend here in Sac.

We had another set of missionaries move into our apartment. That sound be fun.

The baptism of Laura went really well. I love seeing the big ol' smile on the face of someone in the font. 

I had an interesting experience while i was fasting on Sunday. On Saturday night i was staring out the window thinking about my mission as a whole. I realized that i have almost been out for a year and a half and dont have much longer. And it scared me. I felt like i havent done enough yet as a missionary, and i didnt like that feeling at all. I decided to fast on Sunday for some kind of feeling that my work has been pleasing in God's eyes. i wasn't expecting anything big but i really wanted something. Sacrament meeting was about to start and i had a little 6 year old kid come up and hand me a little card. I looked at his mom to see what it was and all she said was that it was all his idea and she had nothing to do with it. I sat down and opened it to read it during the opening song. It said, "Thanks for teaching in Chalofornya (pretty sure it was supposed to be California) and serving, love Gavin" I teared up a little as i realized that God answered my fast by prompting a little primary kid to write a note and give it to me that specific day. Then i had two other people thank me directly for serving. I promise you that God is aware of every single one of his children.

We are working with a 16 year old girl named Sarah. Her stepdad was just baptized a few months ago and is the coolest guy ever. Her sister got baptized last year, her mom is already a member, and she needs to be a member. We would appreciate prayers for her heart to be softened. thanks :)

That is all i have for now. Hope you all have a great week.

Elder Gage Black

No comments:

Post a Comment