Here is the week.
On Tuesday we had our Mission Leadership Council. President
Jardine is such an inspired leader. I love being able to receive council from
him. The spirit was so strong as the leaders were bearing testimony. We went to
one of the college campuses after for a few lessons. We meet some fun people on
the college campuses of California. We had a great lesson with our investigator
Elizabeth. We taught her the plan of salvation and she said it all made so much
sense. She is so prepared.
On Wednesday we went to the Sacramento City College and did
a bunch of surveys. The only reason we do surveys is to get a conversation
started. We quickly turn it into a lesson, and then set up a return appointment
to meet somewhere on campus. It is fun walking around on California college
campuses.
Thursday we planted some trees with the Mayor of Elk Grove.
It is fun doing service like that for the community. I don't remember what
happened the rest of the day.
Friday consisted of us setting up and giving a zone
training. We built a massive tower out of small and wooden blocks to talk about
how small and simple things bring great things. Then during the training we
took out one of the bottom blocks and the whole thing came crashing down. That
was to show them that if they are missing one of the basic small things of
missionary work, it will all come crashing down. I got it all on my go pro.
Good stuff.
Saturday was such an amazing day. Not only did our
investigator Kimiko get baptized, but so did 2 other people I have worked with.
One of the kids I taught while I was in Wilton got baptized, and since we go to
the same church building I was able to see him. And then a guy from my last
area I
worked with got baptized too. I was able to go to that baptism as well because it is so close by. It was amazing seeing those three people finally make the decision to enter the waters of baptism. Kimikos baptism was last at 8pm. The spirit was so strong throughout the whole thing. Days like that are what make being a missionary so incredible.
Sunday was great. The time change made it really hard to
wake up.
This area i am in is so awesome. I cant believe i have
already been here for a month. Elder Silva and I are having such a good time
together. I hope Utah is enjoying the snow that everyone was waiting for. We
are enjoying the 80 degrees.
Love you all!
Elder Gage Black
Here is a picture of Kimiko's baptism, and Mel (from my last
area) right after he was baptized.



No comments:
Post a Comment