First
off, I want to say happy birthday to the most amazing man in this earth that
has raised me to what I am today. Any of you that have mugs that say
"World's #1 Dad," you better hold on to them tight because I'm going
to slap it out of your hands. Only my dad deserves to use that mug because he
truly is #1. Don't worry dad, I got your back.
We were
able to do some solid missionary work this week as we found some new
investigators in both wards. I am finally starting to get used to teaching with
someone translating everything I say so the investigator can understand what is
happening. It forces us to teach very very simply. Luckily most people we teach
speak English so we don't need a translator too often. There are so many
islanders in this area that need to be baptized and are prepared to do it, but
they just will not follow through on showing up to things such as ward
activities, church, or their baptism. We are forced to have lots of patience,
but these people are amazing so we will keep trying. I am still learning so
much about the culture every day. This week a member taught us how to make the
amazing drink I was talking about last week. It was probably one of the better
things I have learned on my mission.
The
4th of July was pretty cool. Some nearby elders had a baptism in the morning
that we went to. We then met up with some of the Tongan members and had a BBQ
with them. Tongans know how to BBQ. We saw a few of our investigators, and then
ate dinner and hid in the church with the other missionaries for the rest of
the night as directed by the Mission President. I guess he didn't want a bunch
of 18-20 year old kids lighting fireworks all night, so we played games at the
church instead. I hope you all enjoyed your fireworks. Happy Birthday America.
The
last weeks of my mission have been, and will continue to be crazy. It boggles
my mind that it has been 2 years. It will be hard to leave all of this
behind.
Here
is a picture of us and our success at making Otai. It was amazing.
This
work is real.
Elder
Black
No comments:
Post a Comment