We had a great week. We had a super cool miracle. I'll get
to that in a second. This week I read a scripture that i love now. It is
D&C 35:13-14. The Lord is there for us. It is such a cool scripture.
We havent been able to get ahold of Rowena at all for the
past two weeks. We dont know what happened. We have tried calling, texting,
knocking on her door, and we dont know where she went. She fell off the face of
the earth. It makes me so sad because she was doing so well. She was starting
to build a solid testimony and was loving the Book of Mormon. Sad day.
On a much happier note, Elder Dorff and I had a Miracle this
week! We were out doing our thing on Wednesday and we had some extra time
before an appointment. We decided to go tracting and boy it worked. We were
biking around and i saw a house and felt like that is where we needed to start.
We knocked on that first door, and it was the coolest thing i have ever
experienced. A lady named Dalila answered the door and after we introduced
ourselves, she was so excited we where there and said she wanted to tell us
about some cool experiences she has been having lately. She told us how she
recently took a trip down to Mexico (shout out to Elder Lee) and while she was
there she went to the Mayan ruins in Tulum. She told us how she felt an amazing
spirit of peace, joy and love that she couldn't explain. We told her about the
Book of Mormon and how it is a record of the people that lived there. She
Flipped out and was super excited to read. We went back on Friday and she told
us how after we left on wednesday she started reading and was crying for hours
because she felt the spirit so strong. We taught her the Restoration when we
went back and she loved it. The spirit was so strong there as we were teaching
her, and she commited to be baptized in July. How amazing is that? It is no
coincidence that i read Alma 26:11-12 that morning. I boast not in my own
strength, but will glory in my God forever. He has made this all possible, and
makes all things possible. I am excited to work with Dalila and look forward to
the miracles that have yet to come.
You always hear stories about missionaries meeting that
perfect, elect investigator. I can now add my witness that God is preparing
people. He is gathering his Elect. I have been working my behind off here in
Folsom for the past 6 months for a reason.
Look to God in all things.
I love you all. Thank you for the continual support and
love. I dont know where i would be without it.
XOXO
Elder Gage Black
No comments:
Post a Comment