Gage's countdown

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Feb 2, 2015 email "Beautiful California Winters"

Serving in California has had some ups and downs. One of the major ups right now was the fact that this past week it was mid 70's all week in January. It was so beautiful. We are enjoying all the sun we have before we get hit with a rainstorm this next weekend.

We had a zone conference this week. Our president reminded us of the importance of
teaching from the scriptures instead of just throwing in scriptures every once and a while in lessons. It has really helped us with our teaching already. Our President is one inspired man.

This week we knocked on a potential's door, which is someone missionaries have talked to in the past who said we could come back. Sure enough, they weren't home. That happens a lot. I told my companion to pick one house. We knocked on it and a lady answered and said she just moved here from Illinois and is looking for a church to go to. We told her about ours, shared a little bit of our message, talked about the youth programs for her son, and she loved it! She wants to come, and she even said she wants to set up a ward choir for us because she loves music! So we have an appointment tonight. Hopefully it happens. That was a cool experience though! One of those textbook missionary miracles.

I hit my 18 months mark 2 days ago. So crazy. It has been such an amazing adventure. I have learned so much and grown more than I ever thought possible. I love being a missionary.

Have a great week everyone. Love you all.

Elder Gage Black

Here are some pictures from zone conference. This one with our whole zone.

Me with 2 of the missionaries I was in the MTC with. 


On our road trip to the corner of our area. #Merica
hood
Me, two of the missionaries I live with (The redhead is from Alpine) and one of the APs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment