I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend! It was a
great time to remember our Savior and his Atoning sacrifice for everyone one of
us. I hope that we all are able to continue to remember him throughout the
whole year, not just during Easter and Christmas. I also hope everyone was able
to watch and share the Because of him video on Mormon.org/BecauseofHim . We
have watched it over 50 times and i still get the chills every time i see it.
It is amazing. :)
This week is Transfers and i will be staying here to Train.
I am super excited to be able to have someone fresh from the MTC and show them
the ways of being a missionary. I go to the Mission office tomorrow to pick up
my new companion. :) Elder Kahne and I had a great week to end the Transfer. We
were able to hit our goals as well as add a new investigator that looks really
promising. Elder Kahne and I have had such a good time together, and sadly our
reign here in Folsom together is coming to an end as Elder Kahne is getting
transferred out. We feel like this area has really turned around and I am so
grateful for the help of God in doing that. It will be hard to see Elder Kahne
go, both for me and for the ward. I am really excited to train though. I know that
the Lord are putting his trust in me, and I look forward to the
opportunity.
Biking the hills of our ward throughout the upcoming
summer is about to build a lot of character. It will be just lovely. We ran
into some Jehovah's Witnesses this week. They knocked on our door while we were
eating lunch. When we opened the door they looked right at our tag and let out
a really funny screeching noise. They looked terrified! haha kinda sad.We biked
past them a few days letter and said hello. They are some nice people. It was
pretty rough trying to find people home this week because it was spring break
and the majority of Folsom was out of town. It was lovely. We did get quite a
few people to church yesterday though. I dont know if you remember me talking
about Steven Rodgers, the guys that drinks 6 bottles of beer and smokes 2 packs
every day after work and hasnt been to church in over 30 years... We got him to
come. That made us really happy :) Also the Green family from the Wilton ward
took us out to ice cream. I love that family so much. The members here in this
mission are so amazing. They make missionary work fun. :)
Well, I hope everyone has a great week. The church is super
true. Promise. The atonement isnt just for our sins, but for all our pains and afflictions.
He knows what it takes to make it through anything.
Love you all,
Elder Gage Black
No comments:
Post a Comment